Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IWF Half baked 10/7/08

+15
chaosstarter
Cris Mastine
Babusama
Mobius
Xander
Nakoliss
mike vin
Rob Bailey
Chitman
Dynamo
scotthuston
Mr pain
mad man mowgle
night
JTG
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

IWF Half baked 10/7/08 - Page 2 Empty Re: IWF Half baked 10/7/08

Post  Dynamo Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:49 am

Babusama wrote:
Mobius wrote:Loved it good show Smile WOOT i cleaned up the place a little bit

I think you miss a spot...the smell is still there afro

Good show people, keep up the good work.

Taht was your second bath Cool
Dynamo
Dynamo

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr pain Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:54 am

Your right there cris...i was well scared when i imagined that pic of MMM doing what he did when he took those pills
Mr pain
Mr pain

Back to top Go down

Post  chaosstarter Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:15 am

scotthuston wrote:Eddie's opener was very good well done dude, Xander's promo was very well put together. MMM and Mr Pain good work fella's!! Matt and Chaos your promo seamed to lack drive and direction. Unless you have a plan for next time in which case forget about me !! lol

Yeah that was one of the worst Promos i have ever been involved in.
That was not the way i wanted it to go, But Matt Skiba started it off... and Adama or MSG edited it to be way different

Anyways

I JUST GOT MY FIRST WIN IN IWF!!!! WOOT! cheers
chaosstarter
chaosstarter

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddie Langeveld Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:45 am

to bad i lost it SadSad

thats my 2nd match lost Sad
Eddie Langeveld
Eddie Langeveld

Back to top Go down

Post  SpamuelG Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:34 pm

Writing this as I read:

First up, Langveld and Legend Killer- I read TFD's comment on this, and he has a good point. I felt this promo was very typical, and simply showed Langveld as a weed- As it stands, Legend Killer is the better character, and the one I would cheer for if this was real. It's a shame, but you could make something out of being a super weedy character if the promos are like that, think about it. It was a very basic promo, luckily not too long. The fact that Langveld lost by some way does help this, though.

Xander- Now THAT is a promo for you! Perhaps not something to start off the new season with, I expected something different, but at least it wasn't first in the list. As a standalone promo, this is excellent, dark and really shows the character of Xander very well. This may well be my favourite promo of the show, but let's not get too exited... If the rest of the show's like this, it could be one of our best!

Mr Pain, Rey and MMM- Not a bad promo, but lacking something. There was violence far too early on with very little build-up, although it seemed a lot stronger later on in the promo, good way to introduce a feud, but the start needed much more work.
Not too much to say about this one.

Chaos and Matt Skiba- Good promo. It sounds like a cliche coming from me now, but even cliches have a meaning- Short and to-the-point. Strong writing, not an overly typical promo by any standards, and yet again, a good way to introduce a feud. However, I can see why some people say it lacked drive, but I didn't think it was all that bad, myself.

Cris Mastine and JTG- A VERY good promo, and one of the two best so far, along with Xander. Not too obvious in terms of direction, and Mastine was a very good superstar for this 'feud', if you can call it that. I'm very interested in how this is going to develop. No need to say the strong points of the promo, it's all interesting and quite dark, although bits of it need slightly more emotion to them.

Chitman and Nakoliss- Yet another interesting idea for a feud! But Chitman, why do we need to know you're Canadian? Very cocky writing there, perfect in this situation. Some clever stuff from Nakoliss- I see your character's really coming along well! Nice work with that promo, not my absolute favourite promo so far, but certainly very good nevertheless.

Mobius and Babusama- Good, fairly short promo. I can see Babusama becoming an important part of IWF from this, and I really like Mobius' part in this promo. However, I don't think it flows as well as it could, but nice work. Smile

El Pirata and Rob Bailey- Spooky! It almost gave me a sense of a horror movie rather than a promo though, but I thought it was a nice take on the usual promo of that sort, if you know what I mean by that. Later on in the promo the atmosphere lifts quite a lot though- I would leave that until RIGHT at the end though, personally. I liked it, a good debut, a dominating character- Just what we need in the IWF, I think.

Houleigan and Aku- Yet another great promo! Clearly written in two parts, but it worked well here. I preferred Aku's part VERY SLIGHTLY, but more good work from Houleigan, who just seems to keep putting out more and more great stuff. I really liked this promo, and I thought the match had a good ending as well. I didn't like the way it ended with 'it seems the match has been set' after the last promo said the same thing, though. I know you couldn't have known about that, but it's something to think about when putting the show together, I think, MSG.

Mike Vin and Rey- I'm impressed. You managed to turn a chance at ANY title into one for the lowest title in the best way I can think possible. The promo was pretty well written, nothing spectacular from a character's point of view, but not bad. The main strength of this promo was it's significance to the feud, which I hope I'll make clear here- In order to have a guy change his mind about which title to go for from the most prestigious to the least, you have to have something pretty special happen. It happened in that promo, well done!

I thought this was a great show, although it lacked a proper opener, it would have been a brilliant second show of the season. My favourite promo remains with Xander, but I've already mentioned my other favourites. There were 2 things I thought this show really benefitted from- The interesting feud ideas in terms of potential storylines and what has been done already is the 1st. The 2nd thing is something I've been nagging about for a while, and I think it payed off- The lack of pink text at the end of matches! When there was any, it really felt like it fitted, but the show felt a lot better without it in my mind.

Well done everyone, keep up the good work! (OMG, Spamuel's saying something positive for once! A great surprise, I know Razz)
SpamuelG
SpamuelG

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr pain Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:38 pm

Spam - Mine and MMM's promo was edited, and i thought i had made it longer...
Mr pain
Mr pain

Back to top Go down

Post  scotthuston Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:00 pm

I hope you guys dont think I was being hard on you, ( chaos and Matt) Im just trying to be constuctive. As I said If there is more to come i.e more explaination to the story then forget what I said. Smile
scotthuston
scotthuston

Back to top Go down

Post  Chitman Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:49 pm

Well i'm guessing by the majority your reaction guys... Nakoliss and I are gonna win
Half-Baked of July 10th's Promo of the Night...
Chitman
Chitman

Back to top Go down

Post  mad man mowgle Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:41 pm

i am gutted the didn't use my afer match promo with the slingshot that would have been funny
mad man mowgle
mad man mowgle

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr pain Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:21 am

MMM the one the managment used opens up a lot more storyline oportunities.
Mr pain
Mr pain

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Skiba Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:10 am

i strongly disliked the shorterned version of my and chaos's promo!

the fact that it didn't say who was haveing a re-unioin.

ok my bit was a bit pointless and long but you could have shortened it not got rid of it
Matt Skiba
Matt Skiba

http://www.myspace.com/my_sweet_nymphetamine

Back to top Go down

Post  Xander Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:21 am

Thanks, SpamuelG What a Face
Xander
Xander

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony2Awesome Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:12 am

I love the Archives. I can watch shows that are several months old. Very Happy
Anyway, as usual, this was a good show. Sorry for the delay but I was gone and I missed 4 shows.
Tony2Awesome
Tony2Awesome

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2