Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IWF: Half Baked - 05/06/2008

+16
Chitman
Matt Skiba
Cris Mastine
mad man mowgle
The Friendly Dude
Houleigan
chaosstarter
Babusama
mike vin
matchstickgeezer
Nakoliss
Johnny Nitro
Mr pain
Smartin Phynix
Dynamo
Adama
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

IWF: Half Baked - 05/06/2008 - Page 2 Empty Re: IWF: Half Baked - 05/06/2008

Post  Xander Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:40 am

I definitely loved my surprising appearance... and that it was a good match, though I lost. Thanks for giving me some props (felt like it at least) Smile
Xander
Xander

Back to top Go down

Post  scotthuston Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:09 am

great start to the season guys things are shaping up nicely!! was suprised to be in the show!! If I had known I'd have done a promo!
scotthuston
scotthuston

Back to top Go down

Post  Cris Mastine Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:16 pm

Smartin Phynix wrote:

Cris Mastine introduce yet another manager into the IWF. - But honestly, I would totally mark out, if at the end of the season we all find out, that the Dark Being is indeed a woman. Man, that would be awesome... AND realistic.

Hmmm now that is a good angle
Cris Mastine
Cris Mastine

Back to top Go down

Post  SpamuelG Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:28 pm

Right, well, I have to speak my opinion. I'm glad everyone liked it (with the obvious exception of you-know-houly), as that means we're all happy and things are going well. I noticed a slightly different look to the show, particularly at the start, which was a nice change. The first promos and the first match were great, and really hit the season off to a great start. Then the sameyness kicked in. After several seasons, our storylines (not all of them, but many of us are guilty, me for one) are looking very obvious and linear. Though the change in look worked, that can only happen so much before it becomes samey too. Maybe it's just me, but we also have some seriously messed up characters, and not in a good way- Someone who wrestles because they want a mystical sword seems like a japanese martial arts flick, not american (well in this case mostly British) pro wrestling. However, some bits work despite this, but I just feel that our shows are becoming, while not dull, at least slightly samey. Most of us are guilty of this, and I think we need to remember this when writing promos, although some of alternatives do appear to have less to do with wrestling and more to do with mystical quests.

But those are just my thoughts. I just want to say what I think, and I'm criticising myself as much as anyone else, and I'm not criticising everyone. I'm just trying to help.
SpamuelG
SpamuelG

Back to top Go down

Post  Nakoliss Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:00 pm

SpamuelG wrote:Right, well, I have to speak my opinion. I'm glad everyone liked it (with the obvious exception of you-know-houly), as that means we're all happy and things are going well. I noticed a slightly different look to the show, particularly at the start, which was a nice change. The first promos and the first match were great, and really hit the season off to a great start. Then the sameyness kicked in. After several seasons, our storylines (not all of them, but many of us are guilty, me for one) are looking very obvious and linear. Though the change in look worked, that can only happen so much before it becomes samey too. Maybe it's just me, but we also have some seriously messed up characters, and not in a good way- Someone who wrestles because they want a mystical sword seems like a japanese martial arts flick, not american (well in this case mostly British) pro wrestling. However, some bits work despite this, but I just feel that our shows are becoming, while not dull, at least slightly samey. Most of us are guilty of this, and I think we need to remember this when writing promos, although some of alternatives do appear to have less to do with wrestling and more to do with mystical quests.

But those are just my thoughts. I just want to say what I think, and I'm criticising myself as much as anyone else, and I'm not criticising everyone. I'm just trying to help.

Damn, I had not notice but I have to agree with SpamuelG on this. I guess the idea I had about Biquette being an ancient voodoo godess is not that good anymore. Oh well... :p Hehe!
Nakoliss
Nakoliss

Back to top Go down

Post  scotthuston Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:14 am

Looking back at the show after spam's comments I must say I see what he's saying. Its a good job I have an idea for a feud thats different and it has to wait till next season !! lol
scotthuston
scotthuston

Back to top Go down

Post  Cris Mastine Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:30 pm

SpamuelG wrote:Right, well, I have to speak my opinion. I'm glad everyone liked it (with the obvious exception of you-know-houly), as that means we're all happy and things are going well. I noticed a slightly different look to the show, particularly at the start, which was a nice change. The first promos and the first match were great, and really hit the season off to a great start. Then the sameyness kicked in. After several seasons, our storylines (not all of them, but many of us are guilty, me for one) are looking very obvious and linear. Though the change in look worked, that can only happen so much before it becomes samey too. Maybe it's just me, but we also have some seriously messed up characters, and not in a good way- Someone who wrestles because they want a mystical sword seems like a japanese martial arts flick, not american (well in this case mostly British) pro wrestling. However, some bits work despite this, but I just feel that our shows are becoming, while not dull, at least slightly samey. Most of us are guilty of this, and I think we need to remember this when writing promos, although some of alternatives do appear to have less to do with wrestling and more to do with mystical quests.

Valid point Spammy, I feel I need to balance the gimmick out a little but that shall come in the coming weeks Very Happy
Cris Mastine
Cris Mastine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2