Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ENTRANCES - 2nd July

+16
The Friendly Dude
Gigantus
SpamuelG
chaosstarter
mad man mowgle
Mortal Van Dam
Chitman
Doomraider
matchstickgeezer
Rey
Matt Skiba
Mr pain
Dynamo
JTG
Syko
Adama
20 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

ENTRANCES - 2nd July - Page 2 Empty Re: ENTRANCES - 2nd July

Post  chaosstarter Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:21 am

Adama wrote:
chaosstarter wrote:mines still not good enough
If you keep buying at the rate you are now... You'll soon have a good entrance. Smile
(it takes a long time and I've been buying since December)

haha ok Smile
BUt i still think im not getting enough from the shows tho, The last show, I only got 1k and 2k merchandise.
I have been here since like end of February, and Beginning of March.... ANd i have been Good Rping since then
chaosstarter
chaosstarter

Back to top Go down

Post  SpamuelG Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:47 am

Sorry, but I don't think I'm going to sell my SAs for entrances... They really help me win matches sometimes, if that's ok. I hope you don't mind too much MSG or Adama... If you do, I guess I will sell them, but I just don't think it's worth it.
SpamuelG
SpamuelG

Back to top Go down

Post  matchstickgeezer Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:10 am

Dont worry about it spammy you are building your entrances now anyway!
matchstickgeezer
matchstickgeezer
General Manager
General Manager

https://iwfwrestling.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Gigantus Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:24 am

SpamuelG** Believe me that SA you posses are worth close to nothing. They are almost completely useless. The money you have invested in them is only rotting away, while you could be getting better EXP for the matches, which really makes difference in the end. You only think SA help you, but in fact they don't. I had 2 of them upgraded to the max and they did nothing. I realized that when i sold them both. And the result was the same when i sold them. So let me say it again. They are 99% worthless. And that money you have will be 100% better spent on your Entrances. Plus you will be doing all of us a favor by buying Entrances.

All you guys that are reading this post and if you still got those pesky, useless Special Abilities , sell them as fast as you can and make yourself and all of us a big favor by buying Entrances for that money. You will see it is a wise choice in the longrun. Very Happy
Gigantus
Gigantus

Back to top Go down

Post  Dynamo Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:28 am

i have 2 SA and i don't sell them
i can use 20 TP's in other things
so selling 2 SA for 20 TP's wasting of TP's
Dynamo
Dynamo

Back to top Go down

Post  The Friendly Dude Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:33 am

I agree with you Gigantus but (I like to but every opportunity I have) You need to make the calculation before you sold them. for example in my case my SA are only worth 20K and I make more then that by using the TP in special Tournament.

So I agree with Gigantus if you make more money by selling them with your TP then by using the TP for Special Tournament.

Just because something seems useless, doesn't mean that it's wise to throw it away.
The Friendly Dude
The Friendly Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Gigantus Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:18 pm

The Friendly Dude *** I made the calculation. I saw what happened in practice. As i said when i sold them both i was wrestling exactly like before. Nothing changed whatsoever. And i can even mention that i had 3% chance of activation on both of them, which doesn't work ether. So it was a big waste in every turn. Those are my experiences and i will never buy one again. I will even make a post in the game forum that this option is a load of crap and that they should remove it ASAP, from the game. Because it is made very poorly. Anyway those 2 max upgraded SA-s i had did nothing. I gained nothing, and only lost EXP i could have got if i sold them earlier.

But otherwise I totally agree with you. I believe we had this discussion a week or two ago. Sure i am all for your idea. By all means you get more money from signing into Tourneys. Of course the only info i don't have is how many SA-s Spam has.
If he has less then 50k then it is maybe not a good time to sell them yet. Then he should wait until he gets 50k or more and then sell them. But as i said ever day you get lower amounts of EXP if your entrances are missing, so i would sell them in any case even if i had 20k in SA. Waiting is wasting.
You can get 50 TP in one month, if you only want. We don't need to split hears with 20 TP. Which is nothing really. (I got 28 TP for last month for voting and 7-8 each week separately. That is 56 TP i got last month) So if you don that only for one month you can buy 15-22 entrances in one month. TP are coming in all the time only if you want them to come in. And once you have sold your SA-s you can do what you proposed. But first priority is selling the SA ASAP. And then all TP can go straight into Turneys.
Gigantus
Gigantus

Back to top Go down

Post  Doomraider Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:57 pm

SAs do make a huge difference Gigantus. I knwo that for a fact, as I have fallen behind A LOT after selling my 760k worth of SAs.
the problem with your SAs was, that your % for triggering, was sucky. I had 5% in 2 of the most important ones, and 4% on the rest, and they were working like a charm. after selling them, I have dropped past 2k in score. they do make a difference, even though in my opinion entrances are better in the long run.
Doomraider
Doomraider

Back to top Go down

Post  Gigantus Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:31 pm

Doomraider****Omg 760k!!??
What have you been waiting for Doom?
I am sure the ST are a bit better when you pump them up to the max and all to 5%. But you see you have only waisted a lot of time doing that.
You know what happened meanwhile? You lost 50k of EXP minimum while you were having them in ST-s. And if you would have put those 760k into entrances you would have those 50k of Exp or even more in your pocket by now.

I presume you were hording that 760k from the start of the game from lvl1. Well it seemed like a good idea at the time, then when we didn't know the fact that they are almost useless, but now as you can see you could have got ALL of the AT-s to the max (like other AT freaks) with that kind of money.
And AT-s are PERMANENT mate and DO make a huge difference in every match + you would get a sh.. load of Exp to buy even more AT-s as you went along. I am sure if you would have sold them when you were lvl 5 or 6 you would have been a god in every level and in the top 5 best wrestlers in this game by now.
AT-s make all the difference in this game. They are more important than anything else. We got a great examples at the top right now. Take a look at them and you will see what those AT-s do. They destroy all players for kicks, with their huge amounts AT-s.
I personally would buy ST-s only when, i would have 100 or more entrances and when i have maxed out all my AT-s. Only then i would play around with ST, which are only 5-10% of the whole deal.

And you said you lost WS. lol As i said many times before. Who cares about WS. That is as useless as a prick on a priest. Excuse my French. For me WS means absolutely nothing. It doesn't do nothing, it doesn't prove anything, it gives you nothing, but the fact that it lifts your ego one notch higher. That is all just a big make up. Like the score wins and loses and all that. Who cares about that. The only thing that counts here is Entrances (EXP) and Votes (Federation wise). That's it. All other info is bogus and it is there just so the statistic page is not empty and boring, which already even with this addons is. There should be tons more of information about everything, like in every good RPG or Strategy game in which this game is slowly turning into. Doom mate, forget those pesky worthless numbers and concentrate on Entrances and Votes. And of course the most fun aspect of this game our Great Federation and our fine and friendly federation mates and friends. cheers

Last edited by Gigantus on Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gigantus
Gigantus

Back to top Go down

Post  The Friendly Dude Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:40 pm

We are doomed to disagree it seems Laughing

I think that WS is important for one thing because it affects the modificator and the modificator affects your chance to win.... And it becomes important when you hold a title because:

higher WS = better modificator = more chance to win a belt or keep it = more time challenged = more XP

So lets agree to disagree Laughing
The Friendly Dude
The Friendly Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Doomraider Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:46 pm

i never said i cared about WS either, just used it as an example to prove how my characters quality has dropped since selling SAs. now i lose to people i used to win pretty much always.
and your math isnt really working, 760k = 76 entrances = 3,8 stars more per match. i've had 6496 matches. if we'd assume i'd had all those entrances from day one (which is nowhere near the case) i'd have got about 25k more exp. not 50k. and in reality, I would have gained maybe 10-15k more exp tops if i had been buying entrances all the time. sure that would be nice, and i wish i had done that. but my point was clear, special abilities are by all means not useless. they give your character a great boost, IF used correctly. and as far as i know, there is no max in ATs, and no max in SAs. at least i havent encountered a max in SAs and i had my SAs considerably high. and Tullo has like 20 lvls of dmg reducer AT last time i checked.
Doomraider
Doomraider

Back to top Go down

Post  Gigantus Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:19 pm

TFD****Hehe To disagree means that we can understand things better and learn something new along the way. It is always a good thing to question and disagree. That drives us forward. Just like now, i have learned something new from you. For instance i didn't know that WS has an affect over my wrestler and his abilities. Which is mighty strange to me. Why would it have. And if it does what does it give me or take away from me.

You said: higher WS = better modificator = more chance to win a belt or keep it = more time challenged = more XP

How can i win easier or lose harder with higher WS? What statistic of my wrestler does it affect and when and how? I didn't find any info on this subject anywhere and this is the first time i have heard of it.

Please, TFD if you have any more info on this subject do tell. Because i don't have a clue of how is that possible.
Shocked

Doom***I was just talking out of the head, quickly, i wasn't holding a calculator while i was writing, a was just telling what i would do and what i thought it would be good. But still, i think there is a big difference between ST-s and AT-s. One is permanent and one is triggered once and a while. I still think AT-s are better investment in short and long run. In my opinion.
As you can see i am not a supporter and i can't see statistics of other players. I can see nothing but allowed and denied attacks and stamina. But you can see more and that is an advantage. I can only feel the power of opposing wrestler and do the math in my head comparing his and mine stats after i lose. Even if we have the sam amount of stats. And there i stumble on a huge hole. The hole which is filled with tons of AT-s, i can't see what they have and how many, because i'm not a supporter, but i can smell them.

Anyway, it would be nice to study those AT-s, and to see what is really worth having and upgrading to the max. Except stamina, that is always needed regardless. I guess we can take Tullos example and come to the conclusion that Dam. Reducer is 2nd most important thing. Otherwise he wouldn't have put 20 levels in it and make himself impregnable.
Excellent info Doom, thanks for telling us. Every bit of info comes in handy in building our selfs and our strategy.
Smile
Gigantus
Gigantus

Back to top Go down

Post  JTG Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:23 pm

i beat draven the other day for the title and the Modificator: +200 / -0 for me

WS score dont matter what matter is your wrestling moves, finisher,tauns, tradermarks and etc...
JTG
JTG

Back to top Go down

Post  Dynamo Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:25 pm

It is usually the build of the wrestler what matters most
If your modificator is +100/-100 you gain 100 WS if you win and you will lose 1000 WS if you lose
So WS don't matter so much

And AT's are better than SA's
It is clear
Dynamo
Dynamo

Back to top Go down

Post  The Friendly Dude Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:27 pm

Actually guys WS matters A LOT I consider myself a good wrestler I'M ranked 6th in the 10th level

I fight against guy who are +20 then me in terms of ability and most of the time I beat them ( I choose them for the modificator which reflect the difference between my WS and his.) With +20 ability and mostly they are stronger then me in everything but Technique.

So they have more points in every abilities So they should have better moves as well since the moves are unlock with abilities. And I still beat them.

There is a guy is wrestling score is almost the same as me he has -30 in terms of abilities his teck abilities his at 8 I'm at 50 and my wrestler as been design to win submission match. Still sometimes he beat me in submission match.

I'm faster, stronger and a better technician, my submission moves are more numerous and more powerful..... Still I win about 50% of my match against him modificator +100.

Some people use to beat me now that my WS is better I beat them no contest and they have still more abilities then I have. So again the only apparent difference is me increasing my WS so I'll be above them.

I don't know there moves or anything but I can see there AT level, there hit points stamina etc. and nothing justify the fact that they use to kick my ''behind'' (some of us are pretty young so lets not use the A word Cool ).
The only think that change is our WS.

The simplest explanation being often the best I'll conclude that WS are important.

P.S. it's not just me I said it to Babusama and to Nakoliss and they start winning against people they were used to loose against.

In conclusion, I let you make your own idea about WS for my part, I'll continue to upgrade mine and in the King Jogy himself will call me master..... Anyone can dream..

To answer your question Gigantus, I don't know much why it works like that, I guess that the modificator affect the computer when he simulate the match..... That's all I can think of.

JTG: The system will generate some fluke wins I challenge Chikara invitational often +200 and I win about 5% of the time but generally he destroy me pretty quick. In average, I win more the I loose when I pick a guy and I choose mostly looking at the modificator. I had about 1200 defeats more the wins 2 months ago I was choosing opponent according to abilities. Now I have less then 200 defeats more then win ( and I still loose my 5 invitationals a day) And I pick my guys according to modificator or WS

Friendly rests his case

Last edited by The Friendly Dude on Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Friendly Dude
The Friendly Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Dynamo Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:32 pm

Actually you are number 8 Razz
Dynamo
Dynamo

Back to top Go down

Post  The Friendly Dude Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:37 pm

put your glasses on Dynadude Laughing

back at 6
The Friendly Dude
The Friendly Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Doomraider Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:40 pm

the wrestler score has absolutely no effect in the match itself. it is only there to give you a decent idea of who you should fight. +100/-100 guy beats you, you lose 100 points, and the other way around. Im also pretty sure i saw tullo say that himself in the chat once, when someone asked what does wrestler score do. he didnt say anything about it affecting the match.
Doomraider
Doomraider

Back to top Go down

Post  night Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:46 pm

I don't find WS to be all that important. The only reason to want to focus on keeping it high is for feds. (Because most GMs, and really the new ones just look at WS as for how to hand out fed titles). Outside of feds a high WS only means the masters may come after you soon.

Adv. Techs are more important then Special Abilities. Always there vs. a chance it might not work during the match. (sold mine back as soon as I could)

and of course high entrances are great for feds.
night
night

Back to top Go down

Post  Chitman Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:39 pm

i got 2 since now... i'm not going to stay at yellow!
Chitman
Chitman

Back to top Go down

Post  The Friendly Dude Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:44 pm

Ok guys I don't think that WS and modificator are important I want you to explain how come when my WS and therefore modificator is higher then my opponent I win more often even against wrestler that have a Statistic advantage on me.........and most of the time, those wrestler use to beat me quite easily when my WS was lower.......

I don't say that it's the most important thing in the game, but Nakoliss told me that he successfully defend is level 9 sub title more then 25 times in a row.....something that he never achieve prior to boosting is WS......

25 match that are initiated by others at let say 6Xp each so 150XP... and it was because he as a better WS then his opponent he was 2nd in the 9 level when that happens. He won the title before but lost it pretty quick. So reasonably we can assume that his good WS help him.

So again WS don't mean anything but it helps.... if you want to dissuade me, give me a good example fight peoples with +60 or+80 for a couple of days and then when your WS become higher to somebody who use to beat you, try him a couple of time to see if he still beats you.

Myself, Nakoliss and Babusama try to keep our Ws as high as we can and the results are there I hold my titles longer so I receive more challenge.

Anyway either you like it or not....for me it works
The Friendly Dude
The Friendly Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Doomraider Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:55 pm

you get wrestler score from winning. for example if you beat a guy with 100/100 modificator 30 times, you will have 3000 wrestler score. it is just this simple = you have good stats and build => you win many matches => you gain a lot of wrestler score.
therefore, it means that the people with higher wrestler score than you, either have a better build than you, or much more stats than you. wrestler score itself doesnt have any impact on the match, it is only there to give you an idea of who you can most likely beat, Tullo himself has said so in chat. wrestler score is so easily manipulated though, that it isn't always accurate.
Doomraider
Doomraider

Back to top Go down

Post  The Friendly Dude Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:31 pm

Doomraider wrote:you get wrestler score from winning. for example if you beat a guy with 100/100 modificator 30 times, you will have 3000 wrestler score. it is just this simple = you have good stats and build => you win many matches => you gain a lot of wrestler score.
therefore, it means that the people with higher wrestler score than you, either have a better build than you, or much more stats than you. wrestler score itself doesnt have any impact on the match, it is only there to give you an idea of who you can most likely beat, Tullo himself has said so in chat. wrestler score is so easily manipulated though, that it isn't always accurate.

I know the math Doom but your explanation like every other I red so far doesn't explain why I beat a guy that use to beat me badly. Like I said earlier if you read all the posts, some guy beat me badly 3 or 4 times a day. Now the only difference is my WS and now I beat him every time. My wrestler didn't improve that much in 1 week it takes 2 week to have an ability upgrade, and I'M sure that his wrestler didn't get worst on purpose. So you can tell me as much as you want but without an real explanation of Why I can beat a guy with +25 abilities stats then me when he use to destroy me I will continue to say that WS play a part in those victory.

I don't think that we will ever agree on the subject Laughing
The Friendly Dude
The Friendly Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Doomraider Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:35 pm

he might have sold his special abilities and bought entrances instead. or you just were unlucky against him before. you could ask tullo himself how does WS work Wink
Doomraider
Doomraider

Back to top Go down

Post  The Friendly Dude Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:53 pm

OK I think that we cover the WS subject on every angle.

Now to get back on what is really important:

Keep on improving those entrances it will be good both for you and the IWF
The Friendly Dude
The Friendly Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next